Friday, December 16, 2011

2011 Art Summary


What's this? Another update the same day? I'm sorry, I don't mean to spam. ;)

Anyway, I wanted to join the fun of the art summary memes on DeviantArt for this year! :D

So, as you see, all those months I hardly upload anything here (or anywhere else for that matter) don't mean I'm not drawing! In fact, I was working almost the whole year on my latest graphic novel: "I Date Dead People".

January I had only started doing the rough layouts, february I started with the pencils, and from march onward the inking (and shading) fun started, too.
July it was time to do the cover for the book, and from that month on all through most of september the deadlines crawled up on me and I got some help with the ink from my wonderful husband and fellow artist Marc Rueda.

We finished the book on time (even ahead of it! That's 124 pages in 9 months.) by the end of september, and then october... I didn't even want to hold a pencil. XD Nah, we also went to Germany for some weeks and bought a house, so no energy left for drawing. :P

Then came november and creativity kicked in again, which is really nice. Got to use my watercolors again. I my watercolors, and when I'm working on a comic I don't usually ever get a chance to use them. ^^"

I even got my first "Daily Deviation" ever! And I'm really grateful to everyone who supported me and continues to do so.
Thanks, y'all!

Aaaand that's that. There are still a few days left of december, so let's see what I can come up with in that time. ^^


...Oh yeah, you can get the blank meme here.

No comments:

Post a Comment