Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ORIGINAL ARTWORK RAFFLE


If you're on Facebook, you might be in luck!

I'll be raffling this small watercolor illustration (8,5 x 12 cm) among all those who share this image on their wall. For more information, check out my Facebook page!


Okay. About this piece.
Some very old followers of mine (those who've known me for, oh, over 10 years) might recognize this character. Yup, it's Din. ;)

I wanted to do something rather simple for the raffle piece, because it had to be on such a small format. When this image came to my mind, I thought it was perfect. Initially, I thought if just painting a boring blue background, but I thought, "Hey, Din's supposed to be fire element, so how about a fiery sky?".
That also gave me a chance to challenge myself both in the perspective of the face (I'm not too sure about the nose...) and in painting the sky and the lighting - and I want to try and challenge myself whenever I can to improve faster. And I'm really happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment